Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Condition of Drowning


--------------------------------------------------


The Condition of Drowning - Maggie May

A mortal tempest to the dying Earth.
My iniquity dilutes the water.

I am stolen from the sands--
A shore of brick and mortar.

All my glory, washed away.
Drowning in my shades of conceit.

Condescension abducts my breath,
Brine entrenched deceit.

My arrogance is a crown of lead,
Weighing me down to the ocean floor.

Release me!
My way is no way, anymore.

Maggie May Schill Copyright © 2003.
------------------------------------------------





3 comments:

Teri said...

I love this poem sooooo much. Thanks for putting it where I can read it. :)

And you need to change your SI link, dear.

Love you,

T. xoxox

logicus.tracticus said...

same as teri (well love to strong a word but dare say will grow to)

just started page on this after reading this glad I did, not surprised to to find T here though..

logicus.tracticus said...

same as teri (well love to strong a word but dare say will grow to)

just started page on this after reading this glad I did, not surprised to to find T here though..